Sunday, September 8, 2013

Julieta Venegas

I think I've mentioned Julieta Venegas before in my blog, but I have an odd respect for her that I love to talk about. You love her in the same way that you love Andy Warhol. They're essentially sellouts, but they aren't because they know exactly what they're doing. Andy Warhol made pop art, and Julieta makes pop music. But Julieta didn't start off that way, her first two albums were considered the best in Latin American alternative music, but she gave all that up and released the biggest piece of bullshit she could make and she became a pop star. I love her music, her old music, and her new music. She is extremely talented, and very smart. The way to determine a singers intelligence is to watch interviews of them. Julieta is very smart. I like to think that she is manipulating the whole music industry and you can see that her newer albums are becoming more and more what she used to do in the 90's. This is my favourite song of hers, from her second album.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhRuqgiFt0
And this is her hit from the next album, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PhcJP8uYf4
She became a Taylor Swift. I mean the music is better. In every album there are songs that must confuse the shit out of the common pop music fan, because they're weird as fuck, but I think that's her way of trying to keep to her true self. Her newest album has this fantastic song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnukFyScWQ
I am always looking for what she is going to do next, and I suggest you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment